20.1.11

potd

i'm doing it!  
what is it, some of you may ask - this potd?  

"picture of the day"

for a year, you take a picture every day...

yes, it's jan. 20th
and no, i have not taken a pic everyday of the year so far...but starting now, i will try to!

silliness - i got my great camera for christmas, but hadn't used it much since the holidays.  
i was looking through my photos earlier this week and there weren't many for 2011 so far.
next day - kept my camera close and was so glad i did!  
since then, i have been wishing i had my camera handy at various points through out my day.  
today especially - so game on.  potd here i come!
thank you catherine for the final nudge i needed and telling me it isn't too late to start.

i don't plan on blogging every potd - but i will show you todays:

girl's room - looking good!
today's pic is of the girls room, because i spent about 2 hours up there tidying, organizing, vacuuming...
how lovely it would be if it stayed this way - but i guess that would only be fun for me.  

another reason i wanted to take a pic of their room, is because we're painting it purple soon.  
i love the green (the only colour that stayed when we moved into this house), 
but some work has been done in there and some things need patching and painting 
and there isn't any of this green left...so purple it is! 
the name of the colour is 'dignity' on the chip - love that.

selah says she'll stay in her bed all night when the room is purple (not sure i believe her).


if you could of taken a picture today, what would it have been of?

3 comments:

Julianne said...

Cuddling with my boy... and I did take a picture of it :)

Catherine said...

Woo Hoo! We can definitely encourage each other.

And my picture for today - the kids toothbrushes in the bathroom. They finally all have spinbrushes and are so excited to use them.

Anonymous said...

It was me alone in Chapters. My eyes speaking my heart. I took the photo. - Beth