18.1.11

favourite things

one of my favourite songs of all time is 'favourite things' from the sound of music.  
today selah was singing that song as we walked to pick up emery from school.  
she was singing as loud as she could!

i wish i could remember the exact way she sings it and the words she mixes up...it's so great!
i do remember our conversation afterward though...

me:  selah, i love that song, you're such a good singer
selah:  yes, i am a good singer.  i sound just like the real singer for that song.
me: you do.
selah: i must have the exact same voice as her!

look out julie andrews!  love the confidence of a singing 3 year old - get me some of that!
~
today jude also brought home a surprise of one of my favourite things - gerbera daisies!

so i thought i would get out one of my other favourite things (camera) and take some photos!



such a lovely day.  what are some of your favourite things?

5 comments:

Julianne said...

Reminds me of singing on the TWU campus! Some of my favourite things.... ice cream, cuddles with my boys, sleeping! :)

Angela said...

gerbera's are one of my favourite's too!... a big warm mug of pretty much anything, time with family and I have to agree with Julianne - sleep! :)

sarah said...

love the gerberas!! and the singing... we live in a musical over here too :)

my absolute favourite thing, though, that's not people, is a tray full of baby basil seedlings... the smell is incredible, and they are so cute :)

Catherine said...

Beautiful!

Cheryl said...

Selah is so precious. Great photos too!