12.6.11

simple things



i found a new blog that i really like called simple as that.
there is a challenge there for sharing something simple that made you smile.

this is one thing that really made me smile yesterday:
here's the story behind it:
there was a plant in our garden that did not want to grow anymore (no smile).
i was starting to think about what i would replace it with:
perhaps a magnolia tree?

while i was running errands i came across a sign that made me happy
"japanese maples - $25"
(you know i love a deal)
brilliant, now i knew what to put in the garden!
i chose the tree i wanted and went to pay for it - came up as $18!
don't you just love when that happens?

i brought the tree home, 
got some dirt under my fingernails and voila!
a new tree in the garden.
a simple thing that makes me smile!

did i mention that i love japanese maples?


4 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Very pretty colors. I'd love to have one of those in my garden. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought

Unknown said...

Beautiful photo and wonderful post!

rebecca said...

I love this Cheryl and I am so happy you're joining in the simple things challenge! :) your photos & family are beautiful! Rebecca

cheryl said...

thank you ladies for your kind words! fun to be apart of a new photog community!