9.12.10

refresh

do you ever have a day when you just feel kind of "blah" by then end of it...
today was one of those.  
so i thought i'd read some blogs hoping to find something refreshing.  
well, i found it.  
my friend catherine posted this reflection on her blog about a year ago 
(i love the 'you may also like this' feature on blogs now!) 
and i thought i would take some time to reflect as well.


Outside my window... it’s dark, cold with snow on the ground - but there are christmas lights out there - bright and colourful.
I am thinking... that i had a tough day, but i need to stop being so hard on myself.
I am thankful for... my family - judah and the girls - they really are amazing...i have much to be thankful for...
I am wearing... jeans and a top, but added jude’s hoodie for warmth.
I am remembering... the fun i had this weekend with my mom, my sister and her fam.  i am thankful for my whole family.
I am going... to mail some christmas cards in the morning.  
I am reading... photography books and blogs these days, oh and just bought a book by brene brown
i like her stuff.
I am hoping... for a good sleep tonight and a great day tomorrow - whatever it may bring.

I am hearing... the furnace and house creaks, and a lovely bird calling in the distance.
I am creating... christmas card designs lately (love), and cutting snowflakes with emery.
From the kitchen... today: a green smoothie!  selah and i were trying for purple, but the spinach 
(yes, spinach!) won the colour battle with the blueberries!  still tasted good!
Around the house... christmas decorations amongst the piles of things that need putting away.
One of my favorite things... today: seeing the joy on emery’s face when she gets to “perform” on stage!
A picture to share... taken just before singing her song in the concert at school 


amazingly, i do feel better after taking the time for this.  
refreshing... i hope you find some time for refreshing things over the holidays.


1 comment:

Julianne said...

I like this post... may have to steal it for my blog soon! :)