3.1.12

on broadway

i am a lover of the live musical!  
if an opportunity presents itself 
(at a good price of course),
i find a show hard to resist.  

over the holidays, i got to experience the real deal.
NYC broadway.

it was fantastic!

though NYC traffic was not kind to us 
(45 minutes late for the show), 
broadway sure was! 
with mary poppins, sister act and another show in mind,
rich was kind enough to trek to the city earlier in the day to wait in line 
and get some last minute tickets for us.
we ended up with 4 seats for sister act!
we, including my mom, sister, & sis-in-law
my favourite ladies and i out for a very memorable night on the town!
the most memorable part, perhaps, being our trek to get there 
(45 minute drive was a 3+ hour journey by car and foot)...
 so glad that my mom decided to come along - she loved the show
(and i love this photo of her)!
 i'm a lucky gal to have these ladies in my life and 
spoiled to be able to enjoy an incredible show with them.
~
what's your favourite show that you've seen?





4 comments:

Alyson said...

What a great adventure Cheryl! Amazing how everything just works out right when family is with you!!
As for my favorite show?? Les Miserables is definately my all time fave! But there are others I have enjoyed so much as well! I too have been blessed, blessed with parents who have shared their love of music and theater with me and my sisters. I will certainly pass on the love to my girls!

Angela said...

So glad I got to enjoy the show with you ladies! Such a fun adventure :)

Judah Oudshoorn said...

I like the pic of Joyce!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Alyson - Les Mis on Broadway was my best show ever!
Also, there is a correction that needs to be made in this post. You put under one of the photos "out with my favourite ladies...", but I'm not in the photo. So...
Love ya!