29.10.10

photography 101

while living in virginia, i had the pleasure of taking a photography class with howard zehr ("grandfather of restorative justice" and excellent photographer).  this was early 2005 ( i was pregnant then), shooting with an  hp 2.1mp point and shoot camera (my first digital).  though i was not feeling 100% those days, it was fun to have something to focus my energy on...this was my final assignment for the class.








a few things we should all make or take time to do each day!

5 comments:

Julianne said...

never seen these before... nice work! I think "play" is my favourite :)

Walker said...

reflect is my favorite! nice work Cheryl!

cheryl said...

thanks huls - twas a while ago! forgot about these pics until i was looking through my files for other things. i like the play one too - taken at one of the garden cement decoration places. we did a field trip there with the class.
rob - thanks for checking out my blog!

Amy said...

Totally fun to hear your history and see your ability to capture beauty in simple still life objects.

cheryl said...

thanks amy. it seems like ages ago i took these pics. it was fun to rediscover them. you have also been a huge inspiration to me - i love your photos! do you do anymore design stuff these days?