24.8.12

santa's village

earlier this month we had a super fun day in muskoka,
at santa's village!
 we went with my brother and his family:
dave, angela and aubree.

 dave wanted to try all the rides...

 as you can see, this mini version of drop zone made my stomach drop!
 emery loved it - but i was only up for one ride!
dave wanted to give it a try too...
 i think his stomach dropped as well...
 this is angela - my sister in-law and great friend.

selah's favourite part was the animals (no surprise).
she could have spent hours with the goats!
 emery, who is in the 'avoid the camera' stage, enjoyed the rope climber.
and just in case you've never seen one,
this is a zedonk!
 being at santa's village brought back memories 
from my trip there when i was 7, with my dad.
this is me 'driving' the boat!
 and this is the very same driver, still at it!
he has worked there for more than 30 years.
any visit to the village wouldn't be complete without a candy cane,
and a visit with santa!
we had a great day - perfect spot for our girls and anyone younger...

have you been?  any stories to share?

2 comments:

Angela said...

super fun pics of a super fun day!! love that you found the old pic of you with the boat driver!! he was a blast....i guess there is a reason he has been there so long :)

Anonymous said...

I love all the smiles from your girls - they obviously loved it. My fav is the photo of Dave on the airplane - laughed my head off!!