19.7.11

bday lovin'

it's my birthday today!  32 am i.
after some quiet time in my room, reading - i was greeted by my fun lil' family
with cuddles and kisses, cards, treats and gifts.  what could be better?


there were also tears.


tears from laughing harder than i have in a long time.  
i couldn't stop.
flowers from jude and cards from my girls
so nice.  gerbera's are my favourite.
the first card i opened was the one on the right - from selah.
she is loving the dog cards (she's planning a 'dog' party for jude on friday... shhh, don't tell)
this card sang a lovely song to me this morning.
it goes something like this:
"bow wow wow, yippee yo yippee yeah"
having trouble controlling my laughter and tears, 
i proceeded to open my card on the left - from emery.
it's hard to see here - but, it's the kind of card you might get from a close friend 
when you're farther along in years.  
emery had no idea why i couldn't stop laughing while i was reading the thoughtful poetry inside.
"because i just love the cards you guys have chosen for me" i said
while selah's card was playing in the background.

jude tells me that there was no chance of them agreeing on one card for me.
i love how different they are and how clear that was today...
they are both convinced they found the perfect cards for my birthday.
they are both right!

have a great day everyone - and so will i!




No comments: